Another nail in the coffin

Jacqueline Woodhouse is, at least when drunk, a very unpleasant woman. It is entirely possible that she isn’t nice company when she is sober either.

Why do I say this? Because on the evening of January 23rd this year she launched into a foul mouthed and racist rant at her fellow passengers whilst on the tube home. This diatribe was filmed and posted on to YouTube by Galbant Juttla – one of those fellow passengers.

As a result of this she was turned herself into the police and was charged with one count causing racially aggravated “harassment, alarm or distress” by using “threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour”. Today, having pled guilty to the charge, she was sentenced to 21 weeks in gaol as well as being banned for a five year period from – whilst drunk – tube or DLR stations, or from using the tube or DLR.

She has also lost her job and is, I would hazard, destined to spend the rest of her ‘working’ years unemployed.

As with Liam Stacey and Luke O’Donoughoe, I in no way condone what she said at all but once again I have to wonder why she was prosecuted.

What she said was abhorrent but prosecuting people for using words that are displeasing to others is to constrain their freedom of speech – a ‘thought crime’ if you will. That such backward views should be challenged when encountered is to to be encouraged but it should be for each individual to do so without feeling the need to resort to using the power of the State to squash an insignificant gnat.

Our forefathers fought against tyranny – let us not undo their hard work by introducing our own.

1. Robert the Biker says:

When I see all these ‘right on’ anti-racists challenging the behaviour of muslims or the black thugs we seem to have in such abundance, I will pay them attention perhaps.
    This woman may be unpleasant when in her cups but she scarcely deserves 21 weeks inside for harmless words.
    Anti Racist seems more and more a code for Anti White.

2. Robert the Biker says:

Above is not aimed at you in any way BTW.
    Just getting fed up with some animals being more equal than others.

Our political class and those rent-seekers who prosper from them have done a great job of ‘divide and conquer’.

3. Bucko says:

Had this been an actual physical assault, but non racist, she would have had a suspended sentance

I imagine that then they would have charged her with racially aggravated assault, which is (for some reason) considered a more heinous crime than aggravated assault and probably caries a greater chance of receiving actual gaol time rather than suspended gaol time.

4. s woodhouse says:

im the sister of jacqueline woodhouse and i would like to say ,yes she was out of order on that night but the full story had not been told,she has always worked hard and would never harm a fly,she is a lovely person who thinks of others at all times same this site could not get the ture facts right shame on you!!

Illiterate comments from family members? I’ll have you know that I’m not the online comment section of a local newspaper!

Perhaps your sister is the angel which you portray her as when she isn’t out of her head on booze but, if you had actually bothered to read the post above, you’ll have realised that I am attacking the politicians who made the laws and the criminal justice system which enforces them rather than her – although I’ll admit to a passing sideswipe.

As for getting my facts right, I wasn’t in court and don’t know your family so i can only go with what was reported in the press and what I saw on the video. If you have any issues with the veracity of their reporting I suggest you take it up with them.